The Green Living Show - Program Highlights, Thought Leadership and the Best green products, services and innovations all under one roof.
SOURCE: Green Living Enterprises
Show Info: greenlivingshow.ca
Show Info Line: 1-866-934-0044 ext 327
Media Contact/Accreditation: Annette Borger email@example.com 416 988-7086
What: The Green Living Show is North America’s largest green consumer show dedicated to educating the public about easy and workable solutions for leading a sustainable lifestyle. The three-day event offers innovative products, demonstrations and ideas to help fuel the green economy. Health, wellness, home, automotive, business, décor, fashion and food are all showcased at the Green Living Show.
NEW this year:
- Ontario's most innovative and inspiring green technologies showcasing new and innovative ideas from solar airship to algae-to-fuel bioreactors to the most current projects at leading universities including flexible spray-on solar materials to biocomposite storage bins.
- DAS HAUS – an innovative pavilion from Germany showcasing advanced technologies for home construction and solar energy use
- The most eco-friendly and healthy beauty products on the market - makeovers, photo shoots, and ability to purchase the newest in green cosmetic products
- Active-lifestyle and yoga pavilion - An expanded eco-fashion marketplace featuring the latest in sustainable designers - Test drive the latest in 'plug-in electric' and hybrid vehicles - see the new Fisker
- Karma - a luxury car complete with solar roof - Marine, trees and bird wildlife saving solutions
Crowd Favorites Return:
- Farm Fresh Fare - delicious gourmet food, all locally sourced and prepared by Toronto's top chefs - many new faces
- Eco-Youth Day (Friday April 13) jammed packed with interactive program for youth in elementary and secondary schools
- Find new ways to reduce your energy bill with the latest in energy saving products for your home with the Home Pavilion
- Eco-decorating ideas for your home and sustainable home furnishings
Discussions / Thought Leadership:
Friday, April 13th
- Green Business Forum – Corporate Venturing: The Arms Race for the Best Cleantech Opportunities. Gain valuable insights as key industry players discuss thefuture of investing in Canadian green innovation. Join a CEO lead tour of the innovation exhibit 8:30 AM – 10 AM
- Youth Forum: Blue is the New Green with The Water Brothers discuss problems facing the world’s various bodies of water 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- Mega Quarry Conversation - A panel discussion about the proposed Melancthon quarry’s impact on shrinking prime farmland and vital water supplies. This discussion will be from the perspective of guests facing the issue on both sides 4 – 5 PM
- Green Toronto Awards – see who will win the title of greenest of all with special musical performance by Suzie McNeil 7 – 9 PM
Saturday, April 14th
- Green Jobs Forum returns with info about green sector jobs 11- 1:30 PM (Special Keynote from David Miller, former Mayor Toronto, Urban Green Jobs Advoate)
- Your Brain on Nature: The Science of Nature’s Influence on Your Health,
Happiness and Vitality - learn how Dr Eva Selhub, MD, and Dr Alan Logan, ND, have linked mental health with the environment and participate in a Health Forum panel discussion from 2 PM – 3 PM
Sunday, April 15th
- Yoga and Fitness demo at 10:30 AM
- Eco-Fashion show at 2 pm
- Green Beauty makeovers all day / fashion shoot at 3 PM
With over 400 exhibits and a diverse selection of demonstrations, presentations and activities, the Green Living Show 2012 has something for the entire family.
FREE ENTRY when you bring e-waste for recycling courtesy of Samsung Electronics Canada. In 2011, show visitors brought in 40,000 lbs of e-waste.
Where: Direct Energy Centre / Exhibition Place Toronto
When: Friday, April 13 – 10 AM – 9 PM
Saturday, April 14 - 10 AM – 9 PM
Sunday, April 15 – 10 AM – 6 PM
About Green Living Enterprises / Green Living Show:
Green Living Enterprises is a pioneer and leader in developing social and environmental marketing programs that keep consumers and clients at the forefront of the green agenda. Green Living Enterprises is a full-service, one- stop solution for green marketing, product and program development, custom publishing, and event management. Green Living Enterprises, an authentically green company, also includes Greenlivingonline.com and The Green Living Show, Canada's largest green consumer show, dedicated to easy and workable solutions for leading a sustainable lifestyle. For more information, visit greenlivingshow.ca
Samsung Electronics Canada, a presenting sponsor of the 2012 Green Living Show, will provide free admission to anyone who brings e-waste to the event. E-waste will be recycled by Samsung’s Recycling DirectTM and facilitated by Global Electric Electronic Processing (GEEP) - in the most ecologically responsible manner in their Canadian facility.
Admission without e-waste is $15 (adult), Seniors $11 (65+) and Students $11 (13 – 17), Group Rate $10/person (15+ people), School Rates $6/ person (10+ students /teacher).
KEYWORDS: Eco-Living, Consumption & Travel, Eco, Green, Energy, Events, Conferences & Webinars, Event, Green Living Enterprises