Mini Vegan Kale and Mushroom Quiches
This delicious quiche recipe ditches pastry, cheese, butter and eggs and opts for a handful of plant-based ingredients to create the ultimate healthy alternative. Plus, cashews and fiber-rich chickpeas add a yummy creaminess to the mix. Use a muffin tray to make ‘em bite-sized and most importantly—plan to hide them from your family, or make enough to share!
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp organic tamari
1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
2 cups of kale, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ cup raw cashews
¼ cup water
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp quinoa flour (or flour of your choice)
1 tsp raw tahini
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a muffin tin using coconut oil.
3. In a pan, sauté the mushrooms with the tamari. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add garlic to the mixture and cook for an extra couple of minutes.
5. Add the kale and stir until wilted. Set aside.
6. In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add the kale and mushroom mixture and pulse until just combined.
7. Add the mixture to your prepared baking dish.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
9. Use the toothpick method to confirm if the dish is done—if the toothpick comes out clean, it’s good to go! The quiche should be golden-brown.
Karlie and Natasha are plant-based holistic nutritionists, and the founders of Lettuce Change. With a passion for health and wellness, their goal is to teach you about preparing and respecting whole foods as a way of life, eating mindfully and living compassionately. They will educate, inspire and empower you to take your health into your own hands, and will teach you that the greatest medicine of all is how not to need it.